Mathias Lessort – PF/C
Height: 6’9″, Wingspan: 7’1″, Weight: 250
Frenchman Mathias Lessort is another pick that many have projected to fall into the second round, but we here at The J Notes apparently like to be bold as yet again one of our contributors selected him to go to the Jazz with the 30th pick.
Playing in the French league last season, Lessort proved to be a versatile and agile big man who’s capable of scoring in a number of ways. He’s also a formidable rebounder and what he lacks in range or playmaking he makes up for with intensity and hustle, particularly on defense.
More from The J-Notes
- With the FIBA World Cup over for Simone Fontecchio, it’s clear he deserves minutes for the Utah Jazz
- Best, Worst and Most likely scenarios for the Utah Jazz this season
- Hoops Hype downplays the significance of the Utah Jazz’s valuable assets
- 3 Utah Jazz players who have the most to gain or lose this season
- Former Utah Jazz forward Rudy Gay is a free agent still and it shouldn’t surprise anyone
With just one more day remaining until the 2017 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz have plenty of options and tough decisions to make just ahead of them. With several promising prospects to choose from as well speculation that the Jazz could look to trade one or more of their picks, it will be exciting to see who ends up being the newest Jazzmen at the conclusion of Thursday night.